Extensions do not register with 3cx but do with Axon

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jwr, Oct 17, 2007.

1. jwr

jwr

I have a very strange problem:
    - Server running 3CX on public IP in datacenter
    - 5 extensions external behind adsl routers at home locations
    3 of these extension can perfectly register with 3CX server, the other 2 won't and do not even show an attempt in the serverlog.

It can not be a firewall/router issue as on a secondserver on the same LAN in the datacenter I am running Axon and these 2 can register with no problem at all. The problem occurs with both a softphone and grandstreams on all locations. The only thing I change on the remote locations is the IP of the SIP server from x.x.x.100 (3cx) to x.x.x.200 (Axon)
    From this I can conclude so far:
    - The servers are setup OK as on both servers there are registrations.
    - There are no firewall issues on the serverside as we don't use one at the moment
    - The clients must be Ok as they can register with the Axon server.
    All extensions have exactly the same settings, besides user/authid and password and have the same userid/auth/pass on both servers.
    - The can be no firewall issues on the clientside as they can connect with the axon server.
    Any help please?? I've tried everything but no luck at all. In the softphone log the only traceable error I can see is 'registration failed' cannot find server at x.x.x.100, a ping to the server works fine of course.
    Thanks for any clues

jan

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Those IP's 100 and 200 (3CX and Axon) are public IP's ? or are they private IP's ? Also, you're telling that you cant register on 3cx with 2 grandstream phones right? and softphones has well..??
    Just trying to clear some things out that i cant understand from what you have there(its a litle confusing for me :|)

Cheers

3. jwr

jwr

yes, these are public IP's directly connected to the ams-ix internet exchange thru or router. At the 3 remote locations we tested with both softphone and grandstreams and they can not connect to the 3cx but can connect to the Axon. The other locations can connect to both servers.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

So other locations has some differences in compare to "3 remote locations"? Is it router(gateway/NATdevice/firewall) type?

5. jwr

jwr

The only difference is indeed the ADSL router at each location. But then again, why does it work with axon on the same ports and not with 3cx (which we prefer over axon by a thousand times)

6. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Modem? or Modem/Router? The diference could be exactly that one, every brand for example has diferent ways of "making" a firewall. Firewalls are pretty much the same. Maybe that 2 devices arent allowing something to go out that 3CX, even thoug that would be very very odd since internal traffic usually goes through without any question. If you have a chance try another modem, or modem router at one of those locations.

Cheers

7. weebnuts

also are you using STUN? have you configured anything in the phone for the Axon first? I would try doing a reset of the phone back to default configs, and then reconfigure it again from scratch.