Extensions not registering now

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nellyginrich, Mar 26, 2007.

1. nellyginrich

This is a really aggravating problem. Having successfully got the whole system working, even after I had changed the IP address of the pc to be fixed, I thought I was home and dry.
    The next day, I booted up and the line to the VOIP provider didn't register (but the extensions did). Easily fixed by clicking on the "register line" button. All working perfectly.
    The next day (yesterday) booting up the pc resulted in the VOIP provider line registering successfully, but neither of the extensions did. Today, the same result. Here's the log:

Any ideas as to what I've done wrong?

2. newtristan

Hi,

I noticed that STUN and Outbound Proxy don't reply fast enought sometime, so registering fails. After one successful registering (auto/manual), it's stay registered.

Also, some extension behind L3 switch didn't register until I reset it or try to call from it (phone). I notice that 3CX don't know ext. IP, so it can't initiate registering of it.

If 3CX is shut down, the L2/L3 switch forget it's MAC/IP and block phone registering trys for a short time after boot up of the server, wait 3600 sec !

To my opinion, don't shut down 3CX and the system should be more stable.

3. nellyginrich

Thanks, newtristan.
    I do feel it is some sort of time-out problem, but obviously I've been retrying the register process (using the submit all changes button on the phone) at various intervals after the re-boot of the pc. No result!
    I am aware that re-booting continually is not recommended, but it's a bit worrying not to understand why this is happening.