extensions ring but novoice

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jradler, Jan 6, 2007.

1. jradler

I have a Windows XP Pro box (new installation) with the 3CXPBX beta3 running. My phones are Cisco 7960s (Sip Firmware) and the 3CX SoftPhone. I can call the extensions and they ring, but no voice is being :?: transmitted.

I keep reading about the RTP issue, but nowhere can I find how to fix it. What do I have to do to get it to work?

2. JustinRS

I have just installed this version myself onto a fresh XP Pro installation and I'm having exactly the same problem.

I am using the 3CX softphone and a basic USB VOIP handset.

3. mike_at_software

Have your tried opening ports 7000 to 7500, and 9000 to 9003 on your firewall?

4. jradler

I deactivated the firewall from the beginning. After 3hours of trying to get it to work I gave up and looked for a different product and found: Acon Virtual PBX which is also free (http://www.nch.com.au/pbx/index.html) installed it and it worked with their product - but I did not like it. I removed Axon and tried 3CX again and it worked. For the first 10 Minutes I had a delay of 3 sec. after that it was fine. Now I'm trying to find out how to get external Voip connectiosn to work - but thats a whole different story.

But I'm still looking for ways how to troubelshoot RTP - any ideas????

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. SO all is working now or are you still not able to make external calls?

We are currently working on improving the VOIP provider module, in order to be able to troulbeshoot it better and also to make it more responsive. We hope to have this beta finished by next week and then we will definitely work with you on troubleshooting any issues.

6. JustinRS

Strangely enough I rebooted the box a couple of times and now it works!!!

just got to get the voicemail to work and send an email notification now.........

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Cisco

We are going to buy one of these CISCO phones and try it out ourselves and fix any issues that may arise.

In regards to voice mail we will be releasing a new build with an improved voice mail functionality and if possible we would like you to try this build instead.

8. JustinRS

Good news!

I have managed to get the email notifications to be sent.