Extensions Share Voicemail Box?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LCC, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LCC

LCC

Is there a way to do this? Say I have Extension 1000 at one location and 2000 at another location. I have them both set to ring in a group and if not answered go to voicemail box on Extension 1000. I'd like extension 1000 and 2000 to both have VMWI and both be able to access a common box. Is this possible?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In a word...No

A few years back I had put in a feature request for a group mailbox that would activate the MWI on all sets in the group, but, it hasn't happened. Any set can access a mailbox, if they have the PIN. You just can't have MWI on any but the extension that "owns" that mailbox.

3. LCC

LCC

Thanks. That's a bit of a bummer.

4. gschwab

gschwab New Member

What I did is since everyone here gets email to their cell phone is have the voicemail notification email go to a shared email address that way everybody gets it at the same time. no help if you don't carry a cell or get email to it though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Another way that you can do this (depending on the phones you are using), is to have a second shared extension on both phones. 3CX supports SIP Forking, so you can assign an extension e.g. 2001 - to more than one device. If you have voicemail, route it to ext. 2001 and then both phones get MWI and get access to the message (assuming licensed 3CX!). I have used SPA504G & Yealink phones to do this.

best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the set able to indicate which extension has the message waiting? Most users would probably ( by habit ) go to check their own extension first unless they already had an email telling them it was the shared extension, which could get annoying after a while.

7. LCC

LCC

This was my fall back implementation. In fact I had it set up that way before I asked assuming I couldn't accomplish what I really wanted after digging through every menu option several times. Still a bummer though...

8. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Cisco SPA phones are able to indicate with an envelope icon on the LCD next to the line button. Yealink's put you into a menu that shows which extension has the message waiting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.