Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Extention cannot connect to any call queue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GBC_James, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBC_James

Hi
    This is weird. We have an extension that can no longer connect to any of our call queues. It could before, now out of the blue it no longer can.
    we dial the queue extension number and it reaches the digital receptionist, and in Q-Manager we can see the extension appear as the caller.
    (There are no options, just a brief message then the connection to an agent)
    The voice prompt says "please hold while we transfer your call", then nothing. Just silence.
    After minute or so the phone disconnects.
    Odd!

This exact same process works on all other extensions we call from, no problems at all.
    It's just this one extension that just sits there, not connecting.

To make things worse, we have deleted this extension, added it back in and provisioned it to a brand new phone, resulting in the exact same error.

We are stumped. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

2. GBC_James

Update - Have just installed the 3CX app on an Iphone and provisioned it with the problem extension, and it does connect to call queues from the app!!!
    But not the Desk phone.......arrrggg!

3. GBC_James

Plot thickens - I have reprovisioned some phones in our office, and now they too will not connect to any call queues we have.
    So, I restored 3CX to a backup from a couple of weeks ago, to see if the problem would go away, and it didn't.

I noticed that after the restore, there were no updates waiting, and I updated 3CX last week, so I am guessing (A) Backup and Restore doesn't include updates, and these are un-installable once applied, and (B) it was a recent update that may have caused this problem.

any help?

4. GBC_James

After further investigation, it seems the Digital Receptionist is not passing anything on the call queues.
    When dialling the Queue extension number directly, things seem to work.
    It's only when dialling the Extension number assigned to the digital receptionist for the queue that things go wrong.

I have created a new digital receptionist, with user input options, set it to go to a queue, tested it, options message plays, key pressed on phone "please wait while we transfer your call" message plays, then nothing, silence, then call ends.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @GBC_James

You seem to experience strange issues and we will need a bit more info to understand how the system is setup and be able to advise.
    • Is this a windows or a linux installation?
    • What type of phones are these?
    • Are you running default templates and the supported firmware?
    • Are these local phones or remote?
    • Did the local IP address of the system changed at any point?
    • Do 3CX clients still work after the restore? Is it just the phones that have issues?

Please advise

6. GBC_James

Hi
    thanks for replying. In answer;
    Is this a windows or a linux installation? Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

What type of phones are these? Yealink 42G

Are you running default templates and the supported firmware? Yes, all templates and FW were downloaded via 3CX Update page

Are these local phones or remote? Local

Did the local IP address of the system changed at any point? No

Do 3CX clients still work after the restore? Is it just the phones that have issues? Softphones do not connect to call queues either. IOS app does.

the only recent change has been the V15.5 update

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please check your inbox as i have sent you a p.m.

8. GBC_James

Sorry for the delay in replying, I had to take a days leave on Friday.

Anyway, we have resolved the problem.

It was Firmware after all.

What was throwing me was that after the 15.5 update all phones were in the red saying unsupported firmware, even though I have resent the firmware.

In an attempt to solve our problem, I swapped my phone for new one just out the box.

First thing I did after assigning my extension, was to update the firmware. However, having watched the phone reboot, it still said out of date and in the red.

OK I thought, must be a temporary error, as It’s the firmware provided by 3CX via updates.page, and I am sending the firmware from the Management console.

What I didn’t notice was that although my phone was rebooting when I sent the firmware, it wasn’t actually updating anything. The Firmware version was not changing..

Last thing I did on Thursday before leaving was send firmware again to all our phones.

The clue came when I got in this morning and noticed that 2 phones were now reporting the Correct, supported firmware.

Ahaaa!!!!

So I sent firmware to everyone again, and lo and behold, a few minutes later all except 2 phones reported now having supported firmware.

One of the 2 phones that didn’t update and still said unsupported was my fresh out the box brand new phone.

So I sent firmware to the other phone, and it updated successfully.

I sent to mine, and it failed. 5 more times I tried and it failed.

So, I reset phone to factory, and assigned it to someone else’s extension. Just a random person from our list.

Tried sending the firmware, and success. So now all phones are on correct FW.

Tried calling 3 of our queues. All work as they should. Problem gone.

Re-assigned the troublesome phone back to my extension. And all still working.

So we seem to have a problem with our Yealink T42G phones receiving Firmware updates. Looks like it takes several attempts until they get it.
    No Idea why my new phone wouldn't receive the FW at all until I assigned it to a different extension number.

So, I will watch firmware updates closely in future to make sure they are actually updating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.