Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extention Presence

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AEnrico, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEnrico

I, sorry for my english.
    Can i set in available presence in 0 second to forward call?
    I need forward call to extention 10 if available and forward call to extention 20 if DND ( but istant, i don't want that the phone is ringing for 1-2 second before )

is possibile?

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AEnrico

You can not set it to 0 but you can set it to 1 second.
    What you can also do is to use a dummy unregistered extension for this and use its forwarding rules to route as needed. Can you please describe in more detail what you are trying to achieve so i can provide you with a more complete solution? For example, in what cases the first extension will be set to available and DND? Will it be time based?

3. AEnrico

The customer need set in autonomy when start IVR of office closed and IVR of office opened.
    I thinked to create a extention that when available forward call to IVR OPEN and when "dnd" forward call to IVR CLOSED.
    To set dnd state i can set function keys on my snom phone.
    thank you

4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can do this fully automated by setting the office hours of the PBX Then, assuming that calls are coming in via a SIP Trunk, you can set the routing in the sip trunk's settings to forward the calls as needed, as shown below.
    upload_2018-3-1_17-5-41.png
    What you described though will also work.

Attached Files:

5. AEnrico

I know but one day they can close at 18:00, the day after at 18:30 and the day after again at 17:30. Schedules are not fixed and can change from day to day.

6. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Then you'll need to go with the dummy extension as you described it. Note though that with available status you'll have the 1 second limitation, but you can set any other status for this. For example use Away for OPEN IVR and DND for CLOSED IVR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.