External Agent Extension Connect Prompt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ccexpert, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccexpert

If I configure an external agent extension for a queue, is there a way to force the remote ext to press 1 to accept a queue call. Right now if that phone is a cell phone and it is out of service it goes to that phones voicemail. I don't want it to transfer there if it isn't a real person answering.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That is one of the "problems" when sending /forwarding any call to a mobile phone with a Voicemail option. Even if your PBX has the capability of recognizing answer supervision, if the mobile set is out of the service area, or is on another call, the PBX call can go off to the mobiles VM, and in most cases the PBX is unaware that it went to voicemail. It just knows that the call was answered.

A queue has to be able to handle calls in a bit of a different manner, as the calling party doesn't know exactly who they are reaching (in most cases) so they are not familiar as to how long it should take for the call to be answered. If the call takes too long, (the ringing part after they have been listening to music on hold for a while), then they are liable to hang up and perhaps (hopefully) try again thinking something has gone wrong. When a queue sees that an agent is idle, the call should be able to get to that agent quickly.

Because of the variables (poor signal, dead battery, already engaged), that mobile phones introduce, having one as a part of a queue, may not be the best choice.

Hopefully someone else may have a suggestion, but other than removing the VM option from the mobile, I'm not sure how else you would proceed.

3. ccexpert

Ring Central and other cloud based PBXs have this feature. To handle a remote phone, when that phone rings, the person answering has to hit 1 to accept the call. If they don't the call goes to the next queue member. Why can you just add that feature?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that it works that way with a queue call. In a queue, if the agent is not showing as busy, or not ready, they are considered available for a call. As (I'm pretty sure) that the vast majority of queue agents are not using mobile phones, this probably isn't usually an issue. Perhaps another forum member has had some experience using mobiles as queue agents and can provide some direction.
    Have you considered the use of one, or the other type, of ring group?

5. ccexpert

The ring group would have the same problem would it not? If the cell phone voicemail answered, the call would be routed to that phone. The answer is simple, provide a prompt to the caller if they want to accept the call. If they don't accept, the call goes to the next agent in the list. This is how other vendors that provide cloud PBX services do it. Where do we request this as a feature at?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is where you would submit a feature request/suggestion.

http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php

7. tech27

Found two existing feature requests for this; go vote for them!

http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=478

http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=1047

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.