External Agents are converted to Extensions! DTMF design problem!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Roeller, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roeller

Hello,

Since v15, the 'External Agents' which were in use for Call Queues are converted to 'extensions' with 'Ring my extension and my Mobile at the same time' option.

In fact, 'External Agents' don't exist anymore in v15.

This is a HUGE problem, because External Agents were not routed via the 'Mobile Agent' (v12 and upwards).
    Having an Extension with the 'Ring my extension and my Mobile at the same time' option, the External Number cannot send DTMF tones. To be precise it can, but they are intercepted by the PBX because it has a built-in Mobile Agent Service.

(More about this in the following, section "Mobile Agent Service" (use Ctrl + F)
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/extension-user- ... ial-codes/)

If you used any other method to call the External Number apart from the 'Ring my extension and my Mobile at the same time' option, like using Forwarding Rules or an Inbound Rule to send it directly to another number, then this should work, at least in v14. IT DOES NOT WORK IN V15 ANYMORE!
    (see my previous post: viewtopic.php/3cx-sends-dtmf-between-extensions-runk-but-between-runk-runk-intercom-44408.html?forum_uri=3cx-sends-dtmf-between-extensions-runk-but-between-runk-runk-intercom&start=&t=44408#p179644 and thanks a lot to NickD_3CX !)

Can someone please confirm this and tell me the new concept/design thoughts about this?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That is correct, External Agents have been removed in V15, but you can still get the same functionality AND DTMF tones. Try this:
    1) Create a new Extension.
    2) In the "Away" or "Do not Disturb" Forwarding Rules, set it to "Forward to Number" and fill in the number.
    3) Make sure that the Extension is set to the profile, "Away" or "Do not Disturb", and that it is "Logged In" to the Queues.
    4) Add this new extension to the Queue.
    5) Repeat for all "External Agents" you want

Now the external number should be rang normally and the DTMF tones pressed by the 'External Agent' should be proxy'd normally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.