external call is only shown on the display but without ringtone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mindsuk, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindsuk

I have Gigaset Pro Maxwell 10 SIP phone running in my system. Everything works well, but only the internal call is ringing, all external calls are only shown on the display but there is no ringtone. I tried to configured a brand new extension only for the phone, but the problem still resists! :(

Could someone please help?

Tino

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of trunking are you using? Provider? Is there audio once the call is answered?
    Do you have more than one trunk group to test over? If so, is it the same behaviour on the other trunk group?

With most SIP devices, progress tones are generated internally in response to a SIP message. The alternative is that audio is cut through to the trunk, and the provider, or the far end supplies the tones, or messages. With some devices, there is an "advanced audio" option that can be enabled.

It may be that there is no Ringing" message being received, or it is being ignored, or the device is unable to comply (tone set unavailable?). You could Wireshark, comparing progress messages of an internal call, with that of an external one.

Have you tried registering the device directly to the provider as a test?

#2 leejor, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  3. mindsuk

@leejor

Good morning!

My 3CX has a SIP number of my AVM fritzbox.

I configured another SIP number of my fritzbox directly on the Maxwell and the external call rings on the phone. I couldn´t test other SIP trunks, because I only have the fritzbox.

Trunking/Provider: SIP over AVM fritzbox
    Provider: Vodafone Kabel (connected to the fritzbox!)

My 3CX is on a virtual debian machine. Ho could I use wireshark?

#3 mindsuk, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you get ringback tone, on outside calls, if you use any other VoIP set?

As I mentioned, you may have to use Wireshark to see what progress messages are being sent to the set, (a 180 Ringing, A 200 OK?). There may be an option on the Gigaset, or the Fritzbox, but I haven't used that particular Gigaset, and I've see, but have never used a Fritzbox. Someone else on the forum may be able to assist with those.

5. mindsuk

Now I get a wireshark capture of an internal and an external call to this phone. Could someone have a look at this and help me to find the problem? How could I upload the files?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.