External callers lose audio.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jsadan, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsadan

I have been told that while my employees are on the phone the customer cannot hear them for a couple of seconds, 10-15 seconds and then they can hear again. The phone they use is the SPA-942

Anyone have any ideas on why this would occur?

2. carolinainnovative

What kind of setup are we talking about here? VoIP provider? "Hard line" connected to a patton or something?

Anything interesting in the logs when this occurs?

3. jsadan

Thank you for your reply salter,

3CX Free Version
    VoIP Provider: Teliax

Nothing funny in the logs.

The machine has two NIC's, 1 of them is on our .10 network (Our VoIP phone netwrok) the other is on our .100 network (Our computer network) Ive tried disabling the .100 network and seeing if that changed anything. Nothing so far.

4. carolinainnovative

Ok just so I get a complete picture - you're using the 3rd octet for different subnets in your private network? ie 10.0.X.0/24, where X is, in this case, 10 or 100?

Just making sure I understand.

Inbound/outbound?

What kind of firewall?

Do you have any WireShark traces?

Have you checked with Teliax to see if they can offer any ideas?

5. jsadan

Yes you are correct.

Inbound

SonicWall

I do not have any WireShark traces.

I have recently contacted our VoIP Provider about a different issue and ran a full check on our phones and said everything was running fine.

6. carolinainnovative

Lots of people have had lots of problems with Sonicwall && VoIP. Some say it has gotten better - I don't know. Is it something that just STARTED happening or has it been going on for a while?

If it is happening regularly enough to reproduce, I'd recommend trying to run wireshark on it and get some traces. That might help identify the issue.

Otherwise, I'm going to say it is something on the SonicWall... though partially my guess at that is b/c sonicwall is an easy target with voip issues.

Perhaps a 3cx engineer can chime in?

7. jsadan

I was just googling the error and yes you are right. There are a lot of common cases with SonicWall being a issue with VoIP phones. I am going to double check and make sure all PBX ports are not blocked and run the firewall checker and see if I come up with anything.

I appreciate all the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.