Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

External Calling

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by marksgt35, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marksgt35

We have a Patton 4114 FXO gateway with 4 Pots lines attached. On incoming calls, there is one pilot number associated with the three lines that allow them to rollover if the first line is used etc. The extensions that 3CX assigned are 10000, 10001, 10002, 10003. On outbound calls, I want to order the opposite of inbound calls. In other words, the first line picked on outbound I want to be 10003, then 10002, 10001 and 10000, to reduce possible conflicts. How, or where do I accomplish this in 3CX?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

When creating outbound routes, you have 3 routes available. Assign them in that order and it should work out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. marksgt35

Correct me if I am wrong..the outbound route pattern only allows you to choose the gateway, not the specific port on the gateway. I want to ensure that outbound calls start on the opposite end of the gateway as inbound calling...

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I guess I didn't realize that each individual port was not available in the oubound routes. I have used a gateway in the past, but with a PRI - and not analog lines.

What I think needs to happen is multiple registrations to the gateway perhaps. I think others have touched upon this in the past and even have some devices which are capable of this.
    Perhaps a call to Patton (their support is pretty good from my past experience) and ask them if outbound routes can be used from the bottom up.

Just a thought: what if you plugged the lines in to the Patton in reverse order. They should still roll (as that is the phone company - right?)... and outbound calls would start at the top (which is now the end of the line).

However, there shouldn't be any conflicts the way you are configured now - are you experiencing any issues?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.