Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

External calls are hearing the old IVR file? Any reason why?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HYas1, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HYas1

I am having an issue with the 3cx system at the moment.

Two problems.

When I call the VOIP number, most of the time I hear the proper IVR recording and my call gets properly transferred to the needed people.

1. However, suddenly through out the day - when I call the voip number, I hear the old IVR recording ( FYI: It has already been deleted off the system so I don't know how 3cx is getting a hold of it), I hear the old Music and the call doesn't get transferred. It says 'call transfer failed'.

2. Also during some other times, when calling the voip number - the call doesn't go through and it just hangs up.

These problems however do become fixed when I restart the whole system again BUT its not very practical to do this because a) How do I know that clients are experiencing this problem to restart it? b) I'll have to restart the system numerous times through out the day because it keeps going back to its old ways suddenly.

So these two are problems are the only obstacles I have remaining before we can confidently put this into use for our business. I hope you can help with this.

Also - we have our 3cx phone system on our local server but now I am thinking maybe we should download it on a laptop running 24/7 and access it via a remote server...? Would this help solve the problem?

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Re: External calls are hearing the old IVR file? Any reason

I have never seen anything like this before so we need more information.

What shows in the 3CX Activity Log when this happens?

Why would you even consider running your phone system off a laptop? That makes no sense to me at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HYas1

We have the phone system running on our server. Right now I just called up the phone line again (outside office hours right now) and I heard the correct recording. The strange thing is that this problem seems to be happening around business hours.

But anyway, I will provide for you the activity log. Just have a few questions (do excuse me if they are very basic, I am trying my best to figure all this out :) )
    1. Does the 3cx Phone System have to be running on a computer 24/7?
    2. Where do you recommend we install the Phone System? (if not a laptop..?)

Thank You

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

well first off to answer your questions depending on the amount of users I would suggest at the very least a desktop, for up to 30 users I would say minimum atom processor (but I always go better then minimum) i3-i5 with 4-6gb RAM and depending on if you record your calls I or have lots of stored VM's I would go 1TB hard drive space for storage. Now yes the phone system needs to run 24/7 if you plan on using it 24/7 otherwise feel free to turn off the server but be careful with this, best practice is to leave it on but this is your call. If someone calls in at say 10PM and your server is off they cannot leave a VM etc. all services will be stopped (you may gather this but it has been asked before so I thought I would mention it). Like Kerry says I have never seen this happen, logs would be nice too see.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HYas1

I worked it out! :)

Okay so what happened was that I had 3CX on a computer and when downloading the 3CX system onto the server, I forgot to delete it off the old computer. Therefore every time I called during business hours (Thats when this computer is turned on) the phone keeps going back to the old IVR file but outside business hours (this computer turned off) it went back to normal. So great! Its all fine now after I uninstalled it of the computer.

Thank you so much for your help. This is now solved. I think we are getting closer to having 3cx fully set up for our business!

6. HYas1

On a side note.

One quick question.

Anyone know in what format you have to your phone number in , in for the 3cx system to forward the calls to your mobile phone? Thanks

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Depends on your provider, whether it will accept originator's CLIP, otherwise you must use one of your CLIPs.
    In 'outbound parameters' of the forwarding provider you should modify the user part of 'Contact' and 'From' fields to 'Originator's Caller-ID'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.