Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

External Calls - Unable to Dial Menu Options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tj-pbx, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj-pbx

Hi all-
    I'm not exactly sure how to word this particular situation other than all office phones are unable to dial Menu Options placing calls outside to companies. For Example calling an ISP: a recording will prompt press 1 for Residential, press 2 for Business etc... By pressing any key on the key pad, the recording continues as if no key were pressed. I've called this number from a cell phone and it worked fine so it is not the ISP.

What may have affected this?
    I have recently followed a misguided article to adjust the phone system for Daylight Savings. I proceeded to configure the Daylight Savings time Time/Day within the 3CX, and rebooted the phone system. After the update didn't push out the new time to the phones, I proceeded to re-provision the phones. So, from the Phones list I re-provisioned each one, and this corrected the time. (After doing 2 or 3 phones I realize there must be a simpler way :lol: . As a side note, I'd be interested in a correct article about pushing time settings if anyone has it, thanks.)

So now after re-provisioning, we are unable to dial prompts on automated calls. We also cannot dial our own office number from the office phones.

Please advise ;)

Thanks much!

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Can you post a log of a failed prompt.

It would seem something major changed within the provisioning files that you reprovisioned.

The phones would normally send the DTMF event to 3cx (with verbose logging on) such as <internal ip of phone>:<port> is delivering DTMF using RTP payload etc.

If it sees that then we know the phones are sending but if you dont get that then something changed on the phones (make? model? to stop that - which is not so easy to do by just sending a reprovisioning request.

In answer to your question about daylight savings:

You can set it in 3cx as you found. But the provisioning files will not be updated with this change normally (I did have a feature request in for this and maybe it is in V10). You would have to go to each extension and phone provisioning and click ok. This should save an update (no other changes are necessary and so would not have affected your DTMF).

Most phones would then reprovision themselves about 24hrs (varies by model and some you can set, others you cannot) but if you cannot wait then you hit the reprovisioning link for each extension too.

The daylight savings would not have affected this though. The only way it would affect it is if the provisioning template had been changed that creates each provisioning file for each phone and even then it gets hard to mess with dtmf and other settings in most phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tj-pbx

Thanks. I Generated a log and am looking at the 3CXPhoneSystem.txt file. Is this helpful?:
    Code:
    15:55:09.239|.\CallCtrl.cpp(699)|Log2||CallCtrl::onLegConnected:[CM503007]: Call(296): Device joined: sip:220@192.168.7.117:5062<br>
    15:55:09.248|.\CallCtrl.cpp(699)|Log2||CallCtrl::onLegConnected:[CM503007]: Call(296): Device joined: sip:KT6622BfXO@66.23.129.253:5060<br>
    15:55:11.882|.\SLServer.cpp(830)|Log2|MediaServer|MediaServerReporting::DTMFhandler:[MS211000] C:296.1: 192.168.7.117:11782 is delivering DTMF using RTP payload (RFC2833). In-Band DTMF tone detection is disabled for this call segment.<br>
    Which other text logs in this zipped file would be helpful in determining where the error might be if this above doesn't pin point it down?

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

The phone delivered the dtmf to 3cx so the phone is good.

Next is to see if you are sending it to your voip provider (or are you using a gateway to a trunk?).

Can you do a wireshark capture on 3cx? If you dont know how, then pm me for a set of simple instructions and an email to send it to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tj-pbx

This began working on its own this morning, perhaps it was all part of waiting for the update to take place. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.