• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

External Code Execution

Status
Not open for further replies.

deyi

Reaction score
Hello,

Can we use DotNet libraries which have dependencies to other DotNet libraries inside External Code Execution modules?

We have been using simple SOAP connectors as external libraries to a great extend but now we have to include some functionality that requires to reference other DLLs.

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Re: Exterrnal Code Execution

Sure, you just need to copy all the dependencies into the Libraries folder of your project, so they are deployed to the server too.

Re: Exterrnal Code Execution

Do I have to implement any additional settings with it ?

I've copied two dependency dll files to the Libraries Folder but they are not getting deployed as I can't see them inside the output folders.

I am getting the message ;
Code:
-------------------------------------
2014-03-17 11:49:08.322
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MongoDB.Driver, Version=1.8.3.9, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f686731cfb9cc103' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Maybe they're not automatically deployed to the 3CX server. Can you try manually copying the libraries to the destination folder?

The same error occurs when I manually copy the dll files to output folders and deploy.

Then there are 2 possible causes:
1) The library you're copying is a 32 bits DLL, and the web server requires a 64 bits DLL, or
2) The library you're copying is a 64 bits DLL, but it has some other dependencies which are not copied.

I have downloaded the CSharpDriver-1.8.3 from github, and it seems there are some dependencies for that libraries, like "libgsasl-7.dll". Is that DLL available? Can you creare a simple app with Visual Studio using MongoDB.Driver.dll and run it in the 3CX server? Do you get some error in that case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.