• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

External extension/device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mori

Reaction score
Hi.

We have a bit of trouble to make registration of external devices(extensions) on to our 3cx.
The manual did not supply so much info on that subject, so i requests help here.
How on earth do we setup/config the 3cx, and the external ext. to make it register properly?

Ok. Now i got the external ext. to register on my 3cx.

However i can not call from my ext. to the external ext., but the other way it works...

Make sure you're using Stun on External Phone/Softphone. Stun is the number 1 cause of problems with sound when external...

Cheers

Stun is ok.

It just wont ring. Like the external ext wasnt there...

Just to clarify - same STUN on 3CX Server and external extension / softphone?

Yes..

Even tried to set both my own router and external computer to dmz to roule out any port frwrd, but still no..
The ext registers on 3cx, but no sound, and i can not make call to external ext. inbound it rings, but no sound...

What does 3CX logs show? Usually gives a hint of where problem.

I suspect still a port issue regardless of what the router setup looks like. I had to replace my router, Motorola to D-link, to fix issues on my end.

Is this a recent problem and was working fine before or is this a new installation?

I just started to set ut external. on v.3.1. that i run. Never had a external before.

i just changed my router to a d-link dir 635.
External device connects trough dyndns, and by that it registern.

The log for a call is:

16:59:31.383 ServRegs::checkExpiration [CM113000] Registration for sip:[email protected] has expired
16:55:34.407 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp [CM104007] Call(1): Call from Ext.8080 to 8083 has been terminated by Ext.8080; cause: CANCEL; from IP:192.168.13.5
16:55:19.928 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(1): Incoming call from 8080 (Ext.8080) to sip:[email protected]

When callint TO ext 8083 (the external) it does nothing, and i have to end call after 30-40 sec..

Forgot to specify that the ports opened in router (when not DMZ) is 5060, 8000-9000 (internal range), 16300-16700, and STUN port...

Hmmmm.... Did you check out http://www.3cx.com/forums/categorie...his-gets-a-sticky-1697/?highlight=port+sticky for
List of default ports used by the 3cx phonesystem:
5060 (stanard sip port) TCP/UDP
5061 (secondary sip port) TCP/UDP
5480 (portgre) (only on local machine)
5481 (apache) (only on local machine)
5482 (media server) (only on local machine)
3478 (STUN Server) TCP/UDP
7000-7500 (Default port for internall calls) (only on local machine)
9000 - 9003 (ports for external calls through VOIP Gateway) UDP
10000-20000 (RTP ports) (Used if no stun available for audio)

Your ranges are different, did you change defaults in Server?

Yes i have changed defaults, mostly to meet requirement from VoIP provider, but also to avoid conflict with other apps on our network.

However is it not of great importanse since the spesifyed ranges also is congigured on the external device.

As i said before, we have no other problems internal, or calls on VoIP lines with this specs.
Only now regarding the external ext have we encountered problems.

Same problem Wneh I use IP phone or ATA as external ext but

Same problem Wneh I use IP phone or ATA as external ext but soft phones are fine.
I tested: Grandstream handyTone 488, BT200 BT101 GXP2000. all same.
but I'm 100%sure is not port problem because soft phone are fine.

My problem as:
I got Grandtream GXP-2000 & BT 200 BT 101 IP phone and act as internal Extension all good. But when I use it as external Extensions, it’s not working: can make any phone calls from this phone. But incoming call looks like can not pick up, after I pick up the handset, the caller pone still keep ringing look this phone and no any voice.

I have make sure the box extension is external, and bind to media server, under that "extension configuration". Also make sure I'm using stun.xten.com as Stun on the phone same stun server I’m using in 3CX. if I use soft phone for external extension all good. just when I use IP phone (3 brand, all same) with same problem.

for the server, there is No firewall anymore, so,I think this is no port issues. I'm not sure why the phone can make cal l but can not receive calls.

The Version of 3CX Phone System v3.1.2434.0 New edition.
The Network:
ADSL service from a ADSL2+ modem router. Statica IP
The router Lan IP is 192.168.1.1
The service of PBX IP is 192.168.1.2
Port Forwarding: From router, I setup DMZ forward all port to 192.168.1.2
There is NAT& Firewall on the router.
In this setup, if I use X-Lite soft phone as external Extension, all working fine.
Just Ip phones not working: can make call to other Extension but can not receive calls.

8001 is soft phone 8012 is IP phone

Re: Same problem Wneh I use IP phone or ATA as external ext

Hello,
Did you find what's causing this issue??
I'm having the same problem with my grandstream gxp-2000. I also tried with a second nic card in the pc with a public ip for that card, with soft phone works good, but no with the gxp2000.

NO! still not working

Same here.
Im managed to get the exteral device to work setting local sip domain, but this only worked with 3cx phone and not 3cx client.
On the other hand seting up the local domain i fu*** up all other internal calls making hte whole system dysfunctional..:?

Sooo... im back at square one. :roll:

Same problem here but with a Grandstream BT-102, i can make call from the external extension, but i get inbound calls to the BT as external, it rings but no sound at all.

Any help?

i have GXP-2020 and ML220 phones as external phones and the run with 3CX Phone System Version3.1.2434.0.

Extension is external (enabled)
Bind to Media Server (enabled)
Supports Re-Invite (enabled)
Supports 'Replaces' header (enabled)

I have the same settings, the strange thing is that i can make calls, but if someone call from the pstn to 3cx to external extension only rings and when i hook off the phone it continues to ring, and in the other end it's transfer music like it never get to the bt102.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.