• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

External extension >> inPhonex(VoIP) = first minute ch

Status
Not open for further replies.

AldoLinares

Reaction score
When i call from the same network where the 3CX Box is and call using the VoIP Provider Inphonex everything is ok

But if i call from an external extension the first minute it's very choppy and sometimes all the call is, but i notice that if i wait on the call maybe the minute later it starts to be ok.

If i call from the external extension to my voice mail i hear everything ok, and if i call the IVR everything ok.

I dont know if my internet bandwidth or what can it be.

Any help?

Thanks

I suppose it's problem of your ISP, or may be router (generally - network hardware).

Thanks for your reply.

So what should i look for?

What kind of test do i need to doo?

Simplest test is to make different variations of ping.
I don't know what else I can suggest, I'm just developer. May be someone with more network administration experience can suggest more.

Can i change the codec for the one that use less bandwidth?

Yes, you can. Try to use GSM. Set it as priority codec on your phone and 3CX settings

The choppy bit is related to network overflow. You most likely have a very busy ISP or the connection to your phone is not good enough.

Introduce QoS if you can, also look at the packet size (MTU) if that is to big for your ISP you will cause the routers to cut the packages in bits and that causes delay. Each bit will be stored in memory of the router and will be served as best effort.

That can introduce choppy.

Alternative you can reduce the volume on the mic of your phone. Some phones have noice cancellation for speaker phones. If your mic is to sensitive it will turn of the sound at the earpiece to prevent echo and that famouse high pitch noice.

There you go two options.

If your bandwidth is an issue do what archie said reduce to a higher compression for your codec.

Do a search on the forum, for sure there is some you can use.

H.

The tests that i did was trying the same conecction at 2:00 AM no one in the office, we have enough bandwidth for the call and i changed the codec to GSM.

And all the same i did the test calling Dell 1800 number using inPhonex as VoIP Provider and exactly at the same time the choppy ends i know that the bandwidth its not the problem.

If i call or try doing the same from an inside extension everything its ok.

Do you think that its some network problem?

And Henk i have to ask you if you can help more on the QoS how can i do this without buying something else, or the MTU how do i test what is the one that i have to put.

I already buy a computer for testing, 1 VoIP provider, 1 PSTN Gateway, 2 Hardphones, i really need to get this thing up so i can show it to some clients, buy imaging if it doesnt work with us.

Thank for your time Henk.

And sorry for my english.

I found out that it was the Softphone X-Lite i try using 3CX Phone and everything was fine.

I try changing all the configurations on the X-Lite Softphone and nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.