External Extension not registering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Wardy, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Wardy

Wardy New Member

I am trying to get an external extension to register on 3CX, I have my router configured with DMZ to 192.168.100.10 (which is the 3CX system) and my firewall disabled (to get it working). Both the external Extension and Bind to Media server boxes are selected however I can not get any external phone to register. I have set the phones to go direct to my IP, I have tried both the 3CX phone and a Snom 190. I have 8 IP's configured through a Draytek Vigor 2800 but I can not get it to work any way I try it. Does anyone have any Ideas.

2. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning

Good morning,

Have you checked your stun server settings for the external extension?

3. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Just some general info for external extensions to work, you need to make sure your firewall is allowing ports for sip(5060) ports for rtp 9000-9009 coming into the network from the net. But also you must have in mind that you must have port forwarding on your router to ensure that requests for registration on port 5060 are forwarded to the ip of your 3cx server. In addition to this, you must make sure that your external extension are able to resolve their ips (they need a stun server for that)

4. Wardy

Wardy New Member

I have now managed to get the extensions registering (they just suddenly started! with no changes)

But now if I dial the extension from one on my local LAN the PBX doesn't show it ringing and the local phone doesn't have a ring tone BUT the remote phone rings.

Can anyone help

5. deralex

Hi Wardy,

i got the same problem like you with registering the lines.
    The problem occours when you disconnect your lines and try to connect your lines a bit later over the same or an other system.
    The provider doesnt recognize that you have diconnect and now wants to reconnect. I think the timeout values are not correct or to high at providers side.

Could you please explain your second problem?
    Does your internal phones rings when you give a call from e.g. a mobile? Can you phone from internal to a mobile?

Sorry my bad english.

Regards

Alex

6. Wardy

Wardy New Member

Hi

The problem is with the extensions, the PBX can receive calls ok and the local extension will ring but if the external extension is supposed to ring then it doesn't even though it shows as registered and it can make external calls ok.