Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

External extension problem (Stun Server?)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by crzykid21, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crzykid21

I seem to be having some issues with my external extension. It shows that it is registering ok and I can call an internal extension from it. However I do not get audio. I have been trying to implement the stun server on both the server and the external client (PAP2) both are using stun.3cx.com.I am using the media server and have also checked external extension for the external extension.

If I call the external extension from the internal I see :

21:04:26.663 CallConf::Rejected [CM103005] Call(2) is rejected: Destination is not answering
    21:04:26.663 StratInOut::eek:nCancel [CM104008] Call(2): Call from Ext.100 to 103 terminated; cause: 408 Request Timeout; internal
    21:04:26.663 CallTarget::create [CM005001] Forward loop detected for destination 103Forward history:{103}
    21:03:54.007 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(2): Incoming call from 100 (Ext.100) to sip:103@192.168.10.202

It seems that the stun is not working? I have tried fowarding all ports i have found in the forums as well dmz on the server side. The external extension is behind a firewall that i cannot forward anyports on.I see an internal ip being displayed when I call that external extension?!

all of my internal extensions can talk to each other without any problem.

any ideas where to start? I am using Version3.1.2434.0
    the latest version i could not even get the internal phone to ring.

Im not sure exactly if I understand the specific use of a stun server. As I believe It is needed to have a remote extension that is behind a firewall work properly with sending and recieving audio.

2. Mori

Mori New Member

Hi.

What FW are you using?
    In general all FW can open ports, or at least allow a specific program access the internet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jcarlos

I had the same problem, registration ok but no sound, but I solved this by specifying on the server that the extension was external

I hope this work for you too

[​IMG]

4. crzykid21

I am using a wrt54g with ddwrt firmware. I have forwarded all necessary ports as well tried to dmz the server running 3cx. I have also configured the remote extension as an EXTERNAL extension. Still no luck =(

5. tomdedecker

Also no sound

I have the same problem.

Extension is registered and showing 'green' at line status. That extention can call out. For example to a cell phone, the cell rings, the person on the cell can hear the person on the extension but the person on the extension cannot hear the person on the cell. Call from another extension via the same provider work!

I am using a grandstream bt200 on the extension that doesn't work properly.

It is also not possible to dial the extention directly from another extension.

What should I do?

6. gr2010

7. Wardy

Wardy New Member

To get the audio in V3.? I think you need to select bind to media server.

8. dvaughan

Ever get a reply to this

Was wondering if you ever got an answer to this. I have same issue.

9. crzykid21

nope still havent gotten to the bottom. I will be working on it again soon. Hopefully I will be able to get it to work. All I would like to do i basically use my two pap 2 devices so that i can talk from on house to the other and have both register to the same sip server. However each will be on a diffrent isp hence not the same lan. lan it actually works wan no good. Obviously a firewall issue. I dont even want to tie in an external voip provider to make ptsn calls just one pap 2 to another pap2! Grrrrr

10. dvaughan

I dropped their product and went with Axon, had Axon up and running in 30 minutes compared to trying to figure out this new version for 3 days. Good Luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.