External extension returns "Call is rejected" on d

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mirzab, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

When I am offsite and try to use my softphone (Xten Eyebeam) to place calls through 3CX I receive the following errors:
    Softphone registers OK, it is extension 120, 192.168.1.202 is the laptop with softphone, all ports are configured as suggested in multiple threads, and if on LAN using 3CX Server IP - works like a charm. Extension external is checked also. I have tried to decipher what
    is suggesting I do but am just confusing myself :oops:

You would think after all this time I should be able to sort this out but I am just loosing the little hair I have left :cry:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :idea:

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well for what i see there, server is telling you to go under the VSP line configuration you're trying to use and use in "use ip contact" the ip that is show here..
    Contact IP: '192.168.1.202'

:|

Cheers

3. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I did try tweaking IP but with no success. Part of the problem I think is that external extensions will have changing IPs so I can't see entering new IPs there as a solution. I haven't been doing as much mainly because I can receive calls OK and in an unusual twist, if I initiate outbound call from 3CX assistant, it works fine. Has me thinking might be something specific to the softphone. Any other ideas?

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Just as an FYI to anyone with this issue in the future, I did finally spend some time and resolved it. The issue might just be specific to me.

The extension I am using on my laptop has voicemail enabled. To be aware of offline calls resulting in voicemail while I am on the road I used my cell phone text message address in the email field for notifications. For Rogers this is 416xxxxxxx@pcs.rogers.com. 3CX pulled the 416xxxxxxx from this address and used it as the SIP ID. This apparently was the reason for the identification error. I directly entered the extension number in the SIP ID field of the setup page for extension and problem has vanished. All seems fine now including audio.