External Extension Setup Help!!!!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by BAMBINO, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMBINO

Hi All,

I am very new to Sip and 3cx. i have the internat extensions working fine but cannot get any to work externally. I am usind a DYNDNS for my external address and can contact the router remotely. i also have the ports forwarded as i read in the installation .

can anyone please help as i am sure i am doing something wrong.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First off, make sure that you are using STUN in the remote extension. Does the registration attempt, when the remote extension first powers up, show up in the 3CX log? If it doesn't, then you aren't even getting through. That could be anything from incorrect server settings in the remote or a router at one end or the other blocking ports. If that is the case you can eliminate thee routers by bypassing them, ie., give the remote extension a public IP (disable STUN when using a public IP) and then try with the 3CX PC on a public IP (no router).If you do see a registration attempt then the log should show why the attempt was unsuccessful, bad password, etc.

3. BAMBINO

Hi,

I need help with another issue that I am having with the external extension. I can call from the office to the external extension and converse fine but when I try to call out it says forbidden. When the external extension registers it says:
    Authorization system cannot identify the source of: Sip Request: SUBSCRIBE 1005@(IP-ADDRESS).

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You mean when you try to dial an outside number, VoIP provider or ATA? Only from the external extension or from an extension located on the same LAN as 3CX?

5. BAMBINO

i got the extension to work calling in and out. i now have an issue where i have a app on my iphone that i want to work on the 3CX system but cannot get it to work remotely.

any suggestions?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There have been a few posts over the last few months about getting SIP to work on an iphone. It depends whether or not it happens to be the same app and if you are trying to use it over WiFi or on the data plan of your provider. Do a search through the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.