External Extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Wardy, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Wardy

Wardy New Member

I am using V5 and can not get external extensions working correctly

I can ring both external (PSTN) numbers and internal (pbx) numbers from the external extensions ok and they show as registered in 3CX however I can not ring an external extension from an internal extension. I can however make external calls from an internal extension.

My firewall/router is configured with all the correct ports open etc, am I missing something?

[​IMG]

2. Rightform

Same problem with external extensions

We have the same problem. The internal extensions can all call outside external lines and numbers and there is no problem in the connection. External extensions can connect and in the phone is ringing, in the server administration you can see that the connection is established but you don't hear anything there is no audio.

Please advise, it was working fine in version 3.
    regards
    Gerard

3. Wardy

Wardy New Member

I have just tried an external extension using X-Lite and setting the domain to the local IP of the 3CX server and this works, how do I do this on VOIP hardware phones?

4. silentfun

silentfun Member

that depends on the phones you want to use but it is more then close to the settings of a softphone.

sometimes softphone have a little bit more inteligence because it is easyer to solve problems for a pure software developer then a developer that must do all in the borders of the used hardware. This resulting in softphones that work perfect even if you have done some mistakes in pbx installation and this results in thinking softphone is ok hardphone not must be a pbx bug but this is not a must.

Andy

5. Rightform

problem with external extensions

I use eyebeam plus as external extensions, all ports are open on client and server side. The phones register with the server, when you dial an external extension you can see the extension signal in pbx become orange. However you can not hear anything on either side internal or texternal.
    When I run a firewall test the first 15 to 20 ports come out without errors for all the other ports the pbx gives following error:

14 9012 Error (4) The STUN server returned an ip which is not accessible from outside. addrFromSTUN = 83.82.177.122:9012
    15 9012 Information (9) Port is open and can be used for calls. externalAddress = 83.82.177.122:9012

Can someone help me out with this one pls.
    Thanks

6. Wardy

Wardy New Member

I forgot to mention, the firewall test is ok.

The reason I can get X-Lite to work is that the 3CX seems to need the local IP to work.

Anyone got any ideas on what I have done wrong?

7. Wardy

Wardy New Member

I am using Snom 190 phones for the external phones

8. Wardy

Wardy New Member

OK :(

I have now set up everything using SIP domains, can get X-Lite to work most of the time amd can make outgoing calls from my hardware external extension but can not receive calls on the external phone, the X-Lite phone sometimes needs to be restarted then works ok.

9. silentfun

silentfun Member

you tell that you restart the phones from time to time.

is that when they get a new ip because of a reconect for example ADSL?

what about if you restart 3cx PBX do this solve the problem also ?

i have a extension that is extern that seems not is answering after this reconnects. both restart 3cx or the phone solf the problem until next recon with new ip

the phone is all the time green but don´t answer. but if i switch the phone of it becomes red after some time.

Andy

possible we find out this is the same bug then we can forward it to support.

10. Wardy

Wardy New Member

Yes if I restart 3CX this also works, could be a change in IP

11. Wardy

Wardy New Member

The external phones need restarting after a couple of calls even if they don't change IP