Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

External Extensions - 403 Authentication failed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by semtex65, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semtex65

Hi All,

I have just recently got a 3CX system up and running, with Cisco7940's on the LAN (working fine), and would like to use a combination of softphones and snom 300's for a few outside workers.

For the external softphones and Snoms I'm getting a 403 authentication failure. If i use the tunnel feature on the 3CX softphone I can establish a connection. Obviously on the Snoms there is no option to do this.

I tried disabling windows firewall (2008 R2) but still no luck.

A bit of background on the setup:

Server: Windows server 2008 R2
    Ports forwarded: 5060 – (SIP) TCP/UDP
    5061 – (Secondary SIP) TCP/UDP
    3478 – (STUN) TCP/UDP
    9000 – 9003 – UDP
    5090 - TCP/UDP

If anyone can shed any light on why non-tunneled connections fail to authenticate it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Stu

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That failure usually means that a setting in the phone does not match the settings in the 3CX extension information. Double check your user names/passwords. Did you enable STUN on the remote sets? What does a registration attempt, from the 3CX log, look like?

3. semtex65

Thanks for the quick reply, but don't worry - I have found the issue.

Stupid me overlooked the ticked box for 'Disallow use of extension outside the LAN'

You live and learn i guess! Thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.