External Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kidtroopa, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kidtroopa

Nov 25, 2007
    I tried to do a search of the forum to see if this problem pre-existed but failed...so here we go.

I have 3 extensions configured in a ring group which is set to "ring all" extensions on an incoming call. Two of the extensions are external to the network. When an incoming call is received....the server status shows that only the internal extension is dialed...and the two externals are not.

I am able to place outgoing calls and check voicemail perfectly fine from the external extensions......but just can't get them to ring through the ring group.........nor can someone dial the extension directly from the phone menu by pressing a number I pre-configured to dial one of the external extensions.

Both external extensions are set to "Available" and "Logged In" status.

I can dial my internal extensions from an external extension....but I cannot dial from the internal extension directly to my external extensions.

I also notice when trying to dial from my internal extension to the external.........my external appears in the server status as <ext>@ Shouldn't it reflect the IP address where it is physically located externally?

I'm using ver 3 of the pbx software. I can't get my broadvoice account to register correctly with ver 5 yet.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.