Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

external extention with VPN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by prawira, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prawira

Hi there,

We have client located in the small island with distance about 150KM away from our office at mainland. The internet connection used is broadband with VSAT; the ping delay from our office about 600-700ms. Main router used is Mikrotik with PPTP (VPN) to our office.

From here (my office), I can connect to this client server thru PPTP VPN into their Mikrotik. I can do everything; such as file transfer, remote maintenance, etc.

when I using 3cx voip phone software... I can connect into the server on site, ring the extention, BUT I can not hear the voice from that site.

Any clue please ?

Paul

2. Discovery Technology

try using the 3CX Server IP address as your outbound proxy on the client side - it sounds as though your client is having trouble sending/routing outbound audio.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. prawira

The server located at the island... I am at the mainland act as remote extention with 3CX Voip Phone software.

On the connection configuration, I put server ip address at the island next to 'I am in the office - local IP'.

the broadband bandwidth allocated for this client on the island is UP TO 64k/384K, and they can do skype call with video.

Paul

4. Discovery Technology

Sounds like all the right settings - I tried this myself with our own system and can confirm that two-way audio works when connected via PPTP VPN. In my instance, this was a PPTP VPN directly from the PC with the 3CX VoIP phone.

I ran a ping test to the server before I connected my voip phone - can you successfully ping the server? Maybe the Mikrotik VPN isn't routing properly to the other network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. prawira

If the mikrotik having problem for routing, I will not be able to see them and send file to the remote server as well.
    I can ping them now... only 1 or 2 RTO for about 20 pings

I try to call remote voice mail... I got dial tone but can not hear the greeting.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.