External Flash?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by digitalrampage, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitalrampage

Hi Everyone,

I've been struggling with 3CX for some time but have set it up to be linked with an existing Analogue PABX.

I have two SPA-3102's 1x FXO 1 x FXS hooked up at our PABX end. The FXO's are connected to Interneral extension on the analgoue PABX and the FXS to TRUNKS on the PABX.

Currently i have some calls routed to my house from the office, IE, Extension 218 rings at the office, the SPA-3102 passes the call to 3CX and my home phone rings.. And all is great!

However, if I want to transfer that caller back to an extension in the office or stick them on hold (on the traditional PABX) I can not.

Normally on an Analogue phone in the office walls you just punch in 11 and it puts the call on hold, but the Linksys SPA941 phone at my house when I dial 11 does nothing.

I need the DTMF tones to be passed to the FXO port thats holding the call, and not the tones to go to the 3CX system. Has anyone done this or do you know the config?

Thanks heap in advance.

2. Halea

Halea New Member

Once you have a circuit established to the PSTN line, in your case over 3CX, via 3102, and your other PBX in cascade, your DTMP tones will be "heard", "intercepted" and "processed" by all. You need to ensure that the same DTMP sequence is not processed by more than one entity. "11" is certainly not a code recognized by 3CX. It's being passed down-stream to 3102 which is by default "hearing" it but not doing anything with it and in turn passing it down-stream to your analog PBX, which should hear, understand and execute the cammand of taking back the line and putting it on hold.
    Now, I am a bit perplexed by the fact that your analog PBX is using 11 as a hold code. Whan you are in communication with a computerized voice mail system, etc. 11 might very well be a function in that application. Usually * is used as an escape sequence to differenciate these things.
    Finally it's also possible that with your analog PBX, the control codes are processed by the attached specialty phone set (most nortel phone systems do that) and issued differently; for instance, the "11" that you are pressing might turn into a sequence "**11##" befor being sent to the analog PBX. Are you sure it's not the case?
    That said, there may be other issues. For instance, the fact that you plugged your FXO into an analog PBX's extension might cause you feedback loops on the DTMS signal in such a way that each DTMP character will end up by being doubled.
    Good luck. Keep us posted.
    Halea

3. digitalrampage

Its a Samsung DCS system

The codes for Analogue extensions are simple TONE double digit codes.

It just doesn't seem to pass on the DTMF tones.

4. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Ensure that all the SIP entities in the path are set to deliver DTMF tones "in-band" or "in-audio".

SIP conversations have alternative mechanisms to deliver DTMF tones, but in your case, it seems that you need them to be delivered inband...

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.