External forwarding from queue or IVR

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Benjamin THOMAS, Mar 5, 2018.

External forwarding from queue or IVR 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. Benjamin THOMAS

Hi,

I propose an idea that seems to me very important in a telephony system. I can not forward a call to an external number from an IVR or from a queue.
    Indeed, the only solution that exists to return a call to an external number (after an IVR) would be to create an agent registered in the queue, without a phone, and put the external number in the mobile number field. In this case the call will be sent to the external number as if it were a mobile phone, except that a single call can be forwarded because the agent will be seen as busy.

Summary of the request :
    New action :
    Forward call to an external number

The goal is to forward all the calls after a specific choice in the IVR menu to an external phone number, so as multiple simultaneous call could be handled at the same time easily (action not possible in any way today).

Thanks,

Cordially.

2. Nox

Nox

Good idea !! :)

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

You can use a CFD application to do this. The Digital Receptionist can transfer the caller to the CFD, and the CFD can transfer the call to the external number. The CFD application can contain any logic you need for when/where to transfer the call. Since the CFD application is multi-threaded, it can handle multiple simultaneous calls. Keep in mind that, regardless of how you do it, this will be 2 simultaneous calls, one for the inbound call, and one for the outbound call. If you can provide more information about why you need to transfer the call, we may be able to provide additional recommendations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Benjamin THOMAS

Hello,

thank you for your answer, I will learn about this application. I still think that 3CX should integrate into its system a simple way to send a call to an external number, without going through a third party application.
    For information, the structure that I manage, has different institutions that use a call center to make appointments by phone. It is therefore necessary for me to make a reference to this external number, from an IVR. In fact, users will choose which institutions to contact from the IVR, and once the choice is entered, the call will be routed to the call center.

Hoping to have been clear enough and sorry for my bad english,

Cordialy.