• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

external number part of ring group using linksys 3102

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsemkiw

Reaction score
Hi, I'm running 3CX v7.1.7139.0 and using the Linksys 3102 as a PSTN gateway.
I can successfully make & receive PSTN calls using the gateway.
I have created a ring all ring group where one of the members forwards out to an external number using the PSTN line.
The problem is that as soon as the 3102 begins handling the external call, 3CX treats the call as answered and the internal extensions part of the ring group stop ringing.
Is there anyway around this?
Dan

How many lines PSTN lines do you have comming into your house?

Others have run into this same problem, you are going to need a second line, VoIP or otherwise , for the outgoing portion of the call.

Thanks for your replies.
At the moment I have 1 PSTN line & 1 voip service connected to 3CX.
I have just had a second PSTN line connected and am waiting on the delivery of a second 3102.
I understand that to route an incoming PSTN call back to an external number I will need either a second PSTN line or voip service, however, the problem occurs when I call the ring group form an internal number.
Dan

Setup your outbound rules.
what i did made a rule that says call out using this line ATT and then use VOIP next.

So if the ATT line is busy it will make the next call out on the VOIP line

here is a example of that rule

rules.png

i have the same setup. 3102 and VOIP line.
incomming calls on my PSTN lines get forwarded to my VOIP line. so i can always use my ATT line for outgoing calls since it's not limited on minutes.

I have rules set up. I may not have expressed by problem well.
I can get calls to route through the 3102 to an external number no problem.
I can't get both an external number and internal extentions to ring simultaneously as part of a ring group. It works with hunt, providing I ring the internal extensions first, but not ring all.
When I dial an external number from an extension through the 3102, the extension (3CX softphone in this case) indicates that I am connected when the 3102 is only starting to dial the external number. In other words, 3CX sees a successfull connection to the 3102 rather than the external number.
Could it have something to do with dial plans in the 3102?

A call through to the 3102 will always be considered an answered call because the 3102 has no way to let 3CX know if the far end has answered or not, unlike a VoIP extension or VoIP provider trunk. The 3102 relies on the outbound caller hearing the result of the call and then ending it if they reach a busy signal, not in service recording or the have just finished talking. Once the digits have been sent out to the 3102 it can only send back a message that the call had been disconnected by detecting the CPC signal, silence, a time out period or some sort of tone that says "this call has ended". Other than that, once the digits have been sent, it receives a message from the 3102 that "everything is OK" and 3CX considers the call answered and will then end it to others in the ring group. I would suggest sending the call to the VoIP provider instead. They will send back call status messages.

Thank you for the reply.
You have answered my question, and i have got it working using the VOIP provider.
Unfortunately this doesn't particularly suit my call plans as I have a cap on a PSTN service.
Is there a PSTN gateway or telephony card that supports call status messages?

Other than being able to detect a polarity reversal when a call is answered (which some providers supply on business lines) and the momentary open (CPC) when the far end hangs up, there are no call progress messages on POTS lines. So 3CX will have no idea when/if a call has been answered if sent out on a gateway and will just assume it has been, and cut through the audio path, when it gets the SIP 200 message back from the gateway after sending out the dialled digits. At that point it will stop ringing any other set in a ring group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.