Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

External Program Parameters

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mickmcg68, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickmcg68

Hi all,

Using Call Assistant, I am trying to figure out how to pass the name of the Ring Group to a URL in the same way that I can pass the CallerID by using the parameter %callid% in the Parameters box under External Program Path to Executable / Parameters.

For example, I can open a webpage such as "http://localhost/clients/%callid%" but also need to be able to pass the Ring Group or Ring Group Extension in the same way. I ca see the Ring Group Name appended to the CID in the softphone and in my call alert popup.

Can anyone tell me what the parameter would be for the Ring Group if this is possible to do??

Thanks,
    Mick

2. mickmcg68

I hope someone can point me in the right direction here as I am pretty sure this is possible and hopefully simple to do.

If I set my ring strategy to "Paging" for my ring groups, the parameter %callid% sends the value for the ring group extension number, eg 801 to the URL.

This is *almost* exactly what I need to happen except I need it to work for either "Ring All" or "Prioritised Hunt" - preferably Prioritised Hunt, as I need to achieve something where all the agents in the group have their phone ring and a popup window with information on the number that has been dialed. The perfect solution for me is to be able to pass through both the Ring Group or DID/DDI AND the Callers Number.

I am going to be taking messages for various clients and ideally need to have an info page open with the Clients info with a short message form where the number for the client to call back on is pre-populated - although if I can get the main part (ie the Ring Group) working I would be delighted and would live with just that.

Can anyone help me get this working or advise how I can use the "Page" option to allow someone in the group to pick up the call and see the required info.
    Hopee this makes sense.

Thanks,
    Mick

3. mickmcg68

Bump!
    Anyone able to advise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.