External SIP Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ati_, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ati_

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project that requires me to have one department (different number) working with 3CX. This isn't much of a problem, but is it possible to make phonecalls to internal SIP-numbers(internal SIP-numbers of the other departments). The other department is not working with a PBX system, it's phonenumber is directly connected to the VoIP-Provider. So all the extensions are made at the VoIP-Provider and are all given internal SIP-numbers. Now I want to call those numbers in some way, is this possible without having them just call the other number but redirecting the customer to a SIP-number. I hope I made myself clear :p

Greets, Tim

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX that you install has to have a way (trunks) to call out to the other sets that are serviced by the other VoIP provider. I'm assuming that the provider is supplying some sort of PBX/Centrex service that allows 4 or 5 digit dialling between sets but each set also has a direct dial number? If this is the case then you could create a trunk (or more) in 3CX and register it/them with the same provider as if they were additional extensions. You could set up outbound rules to send either the full number or only the amount of digits needed to reach the existing extensions. If this isn't the way you have things set-up, then you may need to clarify.

3. Ati_

Maybe this is easier to understand whats going on :p

[​IMG]

Greets, Tim

4. countrycomp

If you only need to be able to call from 3CX to the Voip-Provider SIP extensions then you could setup dummy 3CX extensions with a permanent forward to the full number of the external extension eg dummy extension 2145 forwards to 77710062145. The dummy extensions will not show any status in 3CX since they will never be registered. It may be possible to set speed dial rules for the VOIP-Provider extensions to call back to the 3CX extensions in the same way.

Dave Phillips

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Your diagram is what I pictured. You still need some sort of SIP trunking ( I suppose you could use a gateway and PSTN lines), to get from 3CX to your VoIP provider. Since you already have a working relationship with one VoIP provider, you might be better off (cheaper?) using them. You could probably get away with two, three, or four lines into 3CX depending on the number of extensions and outside conversations you want to have.

6. Ati_

This is what I was trying to do, but I'm not even able to call this internal SIP-Number. Here is the log of what happens:

*LOG*

0 = External Call

The dummy thing is what I had in mind, but I can't reach the SIP-Number.

Greets, Tim

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you trying to dial the other SIP numbers directly? Sending the call directly to the provider but not from a line registered with them (direct SIP call) ? Many VoIP providers won't allow this, you'd have to check to see if yours does.

What you might try is Sipbroker. They allow you to send calls to them which they then pass on to a number of VoIP providers, if yours is listed on their website. http://sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/providerWhitePages

8. Ati_

My VoIP provider doesn't seem to be listed on your website :( Guess I will need to find out something else to make this work :roll:

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

the log says:
    Call to sip:77710064300@sip.easy-services.nl:5060 has failed; Cause: 404 Not Found; from IP:91.195.161.2:5060

there is no way to deliver call if it happens...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.