• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

External to External extension Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekatech

Reaction score
Ok, I am kinda stumped,

Most isues associated with external extensions I have chalked up to NAT (of course), I am sure this is NAT/Firewall related, but I can not find hints of it in my logs

I have two external extensions x103 and x104, checked as external and bound to media server.

Both of these extensions can call x101 and 102 which are on the same netwok segment that the 3CX server is on all works well, but when x103 tries to call x104 the call goes to voicemail, no ringing on the phone (either from the calling phone or the receiving phone, it acts like it is ringing but then after the appropriate amount of time voice mail pick up.)

I can call bteween external and internal phones, but not external to external.

Any ideas?

External to external will use ports 9000 - 9003, and it does not hurt to opent ports 7000 - 7500 either.

After that is it should work based upon your config.

Make sure (which without a doubt you have) that the phones are not diverted to voice mail from the start for example un registered etc.

Henk.

Henk,

Thanks for the reply,

All that you mentioned has been done, what I think may be happening is:
Once the bind occurs, the remote communication (for the external phone) occure on a 500X port and the 3CX communication on a 900X port (just as you stated), I am not entirely sure but it seems the 500X traffic back to the external phone is being blocked or at least filter out only by the external phones ISP.

I am tring to confirm, but getting through to someone who knows what they are talking about at a large ISP is difficult to say the least :)

Do you think that could be the problem or am I barking up the wrong tree?

hi,

is the profile you set me up still valid?. If it is let me know what number i can call you on and get a trace from my end.

thanks

mbs

still valid...

but it is a different test system/configuration have not worked on that one in awhile.
Travis

dekatech said:
Henk,

Thanks for the reply,

All that you mentioned has been done, what I think may be happening is:
Once the bind occurs, the remote communication (for the external phone) occure on a 500X port and the 3CX communication on a 900X port (just as you stated), I am not entirely sure but it seems the 500X traffic back to the external phone is being blocked or at least filter out only by the external phones ISP.

I am tring to confirm, but getting through to someone who knows what they are talking about at a large ISP is difficult to say the least :)

Do you think that could be the problem or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Hmm odd.

The internal ports should not matter for the ISP as they are only used by 3CX.

You mentioned port 500x that cannot be wright, that should be something like 5060 to 5063 as these are the SIP ports. Most likely the ISP will use SIP port 5060

Now to clarify the extensions x103 and x104 are on an external network, meaning they have to go through and ISP to be reached?

You have them configured in 3cx and they are seen as registered?

thats right x103 and 104 are external (checked and bound) they are on a seperate network and seperate ISP at a location other than my 3cx server.

I can use these extensions to call into an extension located on the same network as my 3cx server, I can also use these extensions to call any phone number. What these extensions can not do is call between one another. x103 can not call x104 and vice versa.

What I mean is the call happens, but there is no ringing on the calling or receiving end the call eventually winds up at voice mail.

I have searched through logs and can not find errors that may indicate a NAT/Firewall issue, although I am sure it is something to this affect.

Travis

Travis

STUN....

That sums it up, my external phone had to be capable of accepting an STUN server setting in order for the phone to work properly....

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.