External to PSTN/VOIP Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by swallservices, May 16, 2007.

1. swallservices

I'm certain I'll need to quote some of my server's logs to help find an answer to my problem but I didn't want to over post too much information right out the door. Here is my problem:

Internal EXT > External EXT [OK]
    External EXT > Internal EXT [OK]
    Internal EXT > VOIP Provider [OK]
    VOIP Provider > Internal EXT [OK]
    VOIP Provider > External EXT [OK]
    Internal EXT > PSTN Gateway [OK]
    PSTN Gateway > Internal EXT [OK]
    PSTN Gateway > External EXT [OK]

External EXT > PSTN Gateway [NO AUDIO]
    External EXT > VOIP Provider [NO AUDIO]

I was able to sort out all my problems except for these last two by binding everything to the media server. Internal extensions, external extensions, pstn gateway, voip provider, everything. I've tried enabling and disabling bind to media server and external extension on the various extensions / gateways in every possible combination but I'm stumped :)

My external gateway is a SPA3102. I have an External range of 9000-9100 opened on my firewall and in 3CX for external devices (I don't have that many external devices I just wanted to use a large, round number for testing purposes)

Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it? I've searched the forums but haven't found an answer. Also to the experts, is there anymore information I can give you to help figure out this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude,

Its all good, Ill be finishing a manual about the SPA3102 by the end of the month and it will have some 3cx configs in it aswell.

If you set your extension to be as external, you also need the ports 7000 - 7003 open as mentioned in the general settings. Try to open those and let us know if you still have a problem.

The external range is actually not the extension range, it are the ports for the extensions. These ports are not necessary one to one with extensions.

Let us know how you go.

3. sittsh

on mine i had the same problem till i opened up the rtp ports my pstn gateway(that was not on the same network as my 3cx server) used then it was all fine.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, that can be a big range to be sre 10000 - 20000 but with an SPA3102, you can get away with 16384 - 164842 out of the box.

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

here is a configuration guide for the Linksys 3102

http://www.3cx.com/support/linksys-3102.html

Follow those steps and you cant go wrong.