External Users

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dhodgson1980, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhodgson1980

Good Afternoon,

I am really sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot seem to find any information...

I have a user that needs access to my 3CX PBX, they are not on the internal LAN and will need to access the PBX over the internet. I do not however want them to have to connect using a VPN as it takes up too much bandwidth.

Can somone please tell me how to set up my system so I can do this, what ports need to be opened on my firewall etc.

Thanks

2. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Hi there

on the 3CX side: Ports: 5060-5080, 5481, 3487, 9000-9015
    on the phone side: 5060, and sometimes another RTP port but that's in the manual of your phone.

Just fillout in the phone the extensionnumber you configured in 3CX including the password.
    In the proxy/registry in the phone you fill out the EXTERNAL IP adress of your internetaccount where 3CX is served.
    When everything goes well, you will have a connection very easy. But, there could be problems with NAT or Firewall, so open the ports also in the firewall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.