Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Externally forwarded calls do not show in 3cxphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ezpc, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezpc

Hi

I have a client with a remote office that does not have fast (or low latency) internet, they just have PSTN lines. What I did for them was set up all of the people with external numbers on the away profile and got them to forward to these numbers.

On 3CX 11, this worked great and would show up/have a full audit train within myphone. This is needed as about 1 in 15-20 calls do not drop upon hangup, so, it required the telephone agent to right click on the call and do drop.

On 3CXPhone for version 12, it appears that the moment the call goes to an external number, it drops off the active calls AND doesn't show up in any queue.

This is a critical feature and I think I will need to roll back for this customer... Am I doing something wrong/have I missed this/is it a permission issue or similar?

Thanks

William

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ezpc

Just got off the phone to 3CX support.

Almost wanted to scream, I was just trying to ask "is there anyway round it"/"Anything I can do", and was just told "This is by design on version 12, it is pointless arguing about it"

Absolutely stupid... I was just about to roll back (luckily VM/snapshots) and the call centre manager just said to me to hold on as someone is on a call - WHICH I NEVER KNEW ABOUT BECAUSE THERE IS NO SIGN OF IT ON ACTIVE CALLS.

This version seems bugged and features have just dropped off.

I am not happy, not impressed by the support and am rolling back ASAP.

UPDATE
    ---
    1) I am reposting this as I think someone deleted it... Please note that this is very important, I am networked/talk to other 3CX partners and when I asked if anyone has come across this, they all said no and that this is Extremley important to them and they are also deferring upgrades until this happens (A LOT of people forward calls to mobile and need it to show in active calls).

2) To anyone reading, it looks like there was a change in stance... I got an email saying it has now been raised as a bug (#7947)

I really hope this gets fixed ASAP, On the call, the guy made me feel like an idiot especially when he asked if I had tested before deploying (This issue came up during UAT).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigduff

OMFG!! Surely this is basic feature!! This is going to stop me upgrading to V12!! NOW!......BY DESIGN!! WTF!!! I cant believe the support you got from 3CX! I just going to sick with V11 until they sort out all the backlogging and unprofessional phone help!
    Thanks for the heads up!

Good Luck Will!

Craig

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

We have also complained about this feature of which we also use and got the same response.

5. kevin

kevin Member

This issue is indeed being looked into, and will be addressed in a future version of 3CX Phone. Apologies for the inconvenience, the devs @ 3CX are working hard to bring you new functionality, and this feature is *coming soon*.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Guys - Excuse us for the inconvenience caused on this feature. I would like to inform you that we are working on this and will have a complete solution very soon. We have elevated priority of this and will try and ship very soon.

Please bear with us a little while longer. We want to make this right from the start.

What we are going to do is to make an association between a users phone and his mobile phone number. Like this any calls forwarded to the extensions mobile phone will be visible and controled as if it was being made to or from the extension number.

I will update this post the moment we have something. If things go well, I will be able to provide some patches too.

7. matictec

matictec New Member

It is nice to hear that 3CX work on it.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Absolutely. I would say we are 60% there in development. We are finalizing last test cases and then off for testing. We need some extra time because there are many cases we need to cater for but we will have it soon. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.