Extrenal Lan: Remote to Remote

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tazz, Oct 8, 2007.

1. tazz

tazz New Member

Here is my Challenge: I’m having difficulties with remote phones being able to contact each other when they are within the same LAN. A remote phone can call another in a different LAN but cannot call each other with in the same remote LAN.

The phones show registration in the 3CX line status & function very well otherwise in any other scenario.

Any Thoughts?

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I would guess they are both trying for the same basic ports and only one will win.

3. tazz

tazz New Member

That is a good reason Ha Ha..............

It looks like i will need to make the adjustment in the phone itself?

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

To be honest I am just guessing here, never tried this. 5060 and 3478 are probably the fixed ports that may be the cause, the rest varies as needed I believe. 5060 is the easiest to address, just change in phone & 3CX, but remember to update 3CX router and firewall if used. Anyway you know all this, I just like to Gab on.... :oops:

5. tazz

tazz New Member

The two phones were to begin with are on two seperate ports 5062 & 5064.

So that must mean that this is not a possible problem...

6. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Nothing in the logs that would help? If one phone doesn't appear in log during call attempt, even that would help.

7. tazz

tazz New Member

The server sits remote and I'm remoting into it. I Can't copy and paste the reports. I will need to post this tomorrow for you to see when I'm infront of it. For now any other thoughts??

8. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Right now I am still stuck on ports. Whatever is requested from the LAN will be opened but the "loop" from one phone to 3CX and back to other phone is breaking somewhere. I don't really think this would work but maybe try placing the receiving phone in the DMZ? Also check the router logs for any conflicts that may show? On 3CX what range do you have for 9000+? Maybe you need to open range. 3CX logs would show error if this was the cause.