• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Eyebeam - send calls to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montclairguy

Reaction score
The version of eyebeam we're using has an option listed as "Number for sending calls to voicemail". I haven't been able to discover the right string to input here for 3CX.

For example, there is a setting for "Number to dial for checking voicemail", which works with "sip:[email protected]".

For the "Number for sending calls to voicemail" option, I've tried "sip:*[email protected]", "sip:[email protected]", "sip:[email protected]" -- none of which directs the caller to my (ext 100) voicemail to leave a message. I searched the forums and manual, but couldn't find this referenced anywhere.

Sorry, but we don't know how eyebeam use this setting and what is the exact procedure implemented there.
*4100 should be correct setting in most of cases. Pay attention that the dial codes (dial prefixes) are not supported in free edition.

I'm not using the free edition of either program. When the 3CX phone sends calls directly to voicemail, how does it format the transfer, in standard sip:[email protected] format?

Just figured it out, for anybody else who cares. The setting is:

"sip:<ext>@pbx_address;user=vmail"

Montclairguy said:
Just figured it out, for anybody else who cares. The setting is:

"sip:<ext>@pbx_address;user=vmail"

question: why doesn't work *4100 in case of eyebeam?

Because "sip:*4100@pbx_address" gets routed as an outbound call by the PBX, according to my logs.

Montclairguy said:
Because "sip:*4100@pbx_address" gets routed as an outbound call by the PBX, according to my logs.

Could you please post a log of such call?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.