Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

"FaceTime like" video calls from 3CX - possible?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Razva, May 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razva

Hey,

Is there any way to make video calls from the 3CX client(s), without all the WebMeeting fuss? Like...a FaceTime replacement...?

I'm looking into dropping all the FaceTime/WhatsApp/Skype/FB Messenger thing and replace everything with a single solution that offers me chat+audio+video.

Thank you

2. Razva

I've searched all over the place, I really cannot find any way to make video calls even between Windows/Mac 3CX softphones (no option available). Am I missing something?

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You should be able to make video calls between extensions that are connected to 3CX. The issue beyond 3CX or any other video capable system is that the SIP Trunking providers do not support the needed video codecs and bandwidths needed. Video is very bandwidth intensive and there are various video codecs which may then require transcoding from say h263 to h264 or other. You can also do direct IP calling with video and you may be able to do video if Re-Invites are supported. The key is letting each end point know that both ends are video capable and then getting a path between the two that will pass same. This may help with regard to the softphone question:
    https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/video-calls-3cxphone/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.