Fail to start 3CX Phone system Server database on WINXP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by babykings, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babykings

Hello, all,

I am quite new to 3CX phone system. I was trying to install the 3CX Phone System 3CXPhoneSystem6.msi build v6.1793 downloaded from official website. But during the installation, Fail to start the service :3CX Phone system Server database. Could anyone tell me how to fix the problem? Many Thanks.

2. NRG

NRG

Just got this issue after installing Office 2007

3. NRG

NRG

It seems my issue was I installed Call Reporter(CallReporter), which kept giving me ActiveX 429 issues on MS Access 2003. So I deinstalled 2003, and installed Office 2007, bad move. This allowed me to run Call Reporter without the ActiveX 429 errors, and view the logs. But this morning, 3CX would not let me have admin access through the Web Control, hmmm. Well, I think that Access 2007 corrupted the DB of 3CX. I am going to delete Office 2007, and reinstall Office 2003. I am also going to deinstall 3CX, delete the "Program Files" associated folder, then reboot, and reinstall 3CX. I will let you folks know how this goes.

4. NRG

NRG

So far, no luck. I am getting a peculiar "Logon .." message in the beginning that kind of tipped off this whole thing.

5. discovery1

discovery1 Member

There is no real way for Access to corrupt the 3CX database unless you have downloaded the Postgres SQL ODBC connector and created a DSN and connector.

Do you have antivirus installed on your XP machine?
    It may be trying to scan the 3CX databases which could be the issue, but the ActiveX 429 error is probably due to something else installed on your computer.
    Does the XP machine run any other applications like Visual Studio?

Can you check that all the 3CX services are installed and running?
    Uninstall 3CX v6 and try installing v7 to see if this solves your problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NRG

NRG

Thanks for the info, I really don't know anything about these systems. That was just a guess by me since it happened around the same time.

Yes, but it(3CX) was working fine before.

I would have figured the AV left them alone since it was running ok earleir.

That is a good question

I do.

WebServer and Voicemail are not going. Let me turn them on, and see if that makes a difference, hang on .......... they shut back down.

I am using v7. I am just doing a fresh XP install, and install IIS this time.

7. NRG

NRG

Well, the fresh install went almost OK. I got interanl to hook up, but hit a "Permissions" snag. Once I got that figured out, It was "bleeping Golden, and I wasn't going to give it away for nothing".

Props to the 3CX team for a very fine product!! I am on the free version right now, but will definitely be upgrading once I get more employees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.