Solved Failed to receive inbound call after upgrading from V14 to V15.5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zhangjx99, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhangjx99

Hi there,
    We just have upgraded our 3cx system from V14 to V15.5 and faced problem to receive inbound calls.
    no issue to make outbound call.
    some facts:
    1. Inbound call from SIP trunk with Hoiio (Singapore - not in the preferred list, while Hoiio HK is);
    2. Successfully to receive the first inbound call, but failed on next any call, no any message has been captured in log (even in verbose status).
    3. Reversed to V14 version, everything is working fine.

Anyone please help to advise what is the issue with V15.5 ? or any setting (guess inbound parameter) need to be changed manually?
    thanks in advance.

Zhang

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are not seeing any 3CX log showing an incoming call attempt, then either your provider is not sending it, or something is blocking it (firewall?). You might want to ask your provider what they see from their end, on that second and subsequent call.

What do you hear when you place a call that fails, does it just continue to ring, is there a message from your provider that it has failed, or do you reach a busy signal?

3. zhangjx99

Thanks Leejor for your reply.
    We have installed the V15.5 and restored V14 back on the same server, so think nothing changed on the SIP vendor Hoiio side. No any change on the firewall setup as well.
    If restore back to V14, it’s working perfectly.
    Yes, I hear just continue to ring.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If your provider sends an Invite, for the (second) call, and there is no response from 3CX (message never reaches the PBX) , then the call should time out after a short period (30 seconds or so) and you should receive some indication that the call failed.

5. zhangjx99

Hi Leejor,
    Per my testing just now, it continue to ring, last for 1 mins only then drop off.
    Zhang

6. zhangjx99

Hi Leejor,
    SIP line Provider's reply FYI, thanks for your advice:
    I just try to make a test call to your number and saw that our system already forward the incoming call to your PBX BUT it didn't respond to our system. Here is dial log (SIP log) which I saw on our system:​
    upload_2018-1-2_14-39-44.png
    => In this case, I advise that you should check the incoming configuration on your PBX or should reach 3CX for advice in this case. We already forward the incoming call to your and your PBX didn't respond is beyond of our control.​

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @zhangjx99

First of all it is always recommended to use supported providers with 3CX as we run interopt tests to ensure compatibility between 3CX and the providers.
    Regarding the issue you are facing i would recommend running a capture on the server and checking if calls arrive at the PBX. If the provider is sending the invites you should be able to see them arriving to the PBX. You should also be able to see if the PBX is sending back a response and what the issue is. Before doing that though make sure that you pass the firewall checker successfully.

8. zhangjx99

Thanks @YiannisH_3CX, "running a capture on the server" ==> you mean capture log in verbose status?
    agree the better to use supported providers with 3CX, while it is not so easier to transfer the number from 1 to another vendor... a lot of documentation and process work involved...
    just wondering why it is working perfectly under version 14, but problem with V15.5...
    Zhang

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I mean a wireshark capture on the server to see if the call is hitting the network card of the server.
    Have you run the firewall checker? Is that successful?

10. zhangjx99

Thanks YiannisH_3CX and Leejor for the advice and help.
    with the help from our 3CX vendor, we have solved the issue simply by adding in the Outbound Proxy (same as registration/Hostname).

While still not sure why V14 is working fine without doing so.

By the way, Hoiio SG claimed that they are using the same system as Hoiio HK which is in the supported provider list.

Hopefully that this message could be a help to others who faced same/similar such issue.

Thanks again.
    upload_2018-1-3_14-53-43.png

11. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear you managed to resolve the issue and thank you for sharing your solution. I am sure this will be helpful to someone else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.