Failed V15 Update - Certificate Generation Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kevsach, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevsach

Hi,

I uninstalled v14 this evening on our production server, and proceeded to install v15. The installer completed and the command prompt style configuration tool ran OK, asking me to restore from a backup.

When I choose the option to generate a certificate based on a 3CX domain name the application fails with an error. (Sorry didn't get a screen grab) which essentially says that the letsencrypt.org end user license agreement being referenced has been superseded today (1st August) and is therefore incorrect. The certificate does not generate, and the config wizard will not proceed any further.

Luckily I snapshotted the VM prior to upgrade and have reverted to v14. I realize I do not have official support, but hope that someone can inform 3CX engineers that the script which generates the letsencrypt.org certificate needs an edit, ASAP!

Thanks

Kev
    University of Hull - UK

2. Sopock

Sopock Member

Status 400: Provided agreement URL does not match current agreement URL

should be easy to reproduce :arrow:
    LE-SA-v1.0.1-July-27-2015.pdf

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ecublake

I'm having the same issue. Essentially the error states:

Error creating FQDN: {
    "TYPE": "URN:ACME:ERROR:MALFORMED",
    "DETAIL": "PROVIDED AGREEMENT URL [HTTPS://LETSENCRYPT.ORG/DOCUMENTS/LE-SA-V1.
    0.1-JULY-27-2015.PDF] DOES NOT MATCH CURRENT AGREEMENT URL [HTTPS://LETSENCRYPT.
    ORG/DOCUMENTS/LE-SA-V1.1.1-AUGUST-1-2016.PDF]",
    "STATUS": 400
    }

It seems there is a version mismatch between the tools agreement and the current.

4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, Yes we are working on this as yesterday update from lets encrypt caused some changes in the subscriber.
    We will get back to you when this is resolved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

@ forum users, retry again by downloading Version 15 3CX Phone System.
    Let us know, thanks again.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Hopefully there is a way to overcome this when letsencrypt makes a change instead of waiting for an update from 3cx...

7. Sopock

Sopock Member

SP1: Typo in config tool message

what about renewing on existing installations?

8. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

We provided a hotfix yesturday via updates so update.
    Thanks

9. michaelf

I have a client using the free version and they're thinking about upgrading to the paid version, but the LetsEncrypt certificate is not updating. They didn't have SP2 or SP3 installed, so I installed them, but still no change. (I figured it would update the certificate on startup if it was expired). Any way to force an update of the LE certificate?

10. Sopock

Sopock Member

It seems that it is not possible to renew expired cert?:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.