Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Fake calls from ext 100

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Buddyl, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddyl

Hello,

I have the 3cx phone system, the Free version. 10.0.24018.2322

I have an extension at home that connects through the internet (Not using Tunneling) It is a grandsteam phone GXP2120

I get calls at sporadic times to this extension claiming they are coming from Ext 100.

We do not have an extension 100. One time I seen a name associated with xt 100 as Sid (maybe sip) Vicious.

When the call comes in and I answer there is no one there. If I let it ring all of the lines will light up. I usually have to unplug it and reboot.

Any ideas???

Thank you

Buddy

2. bardissi

bardissi Member

Check the call logs to see if that call is coming from an outside IP that isnt yours!

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You might want to change the port of your device to something other than the (usual) default of 5060. If someone sends a direct SIP call to your IP (and that port number), and guesses your extension number, you will get the call.

If it happens on a predictable basis, you might want to employ Wireshark to give you some more information about the origination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.