• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Faliover on debian 3CX + windows DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damian Spiewak

Reaction score
Has anyone get any idea how to setup failover between 3CX (15 SP5) installed on debian with DNS servers installed on Windows 2008/2012

Last edited:
Not so sure... There are no failover example scripts for linux installation

correct, this is a bummer... 3CX comes out with Linux as a base platform for 3CX but fails to provide working scripts for the failover and specifically states in the blog post that failover is simpler to setup on the linux side...

Isnt easier for me, as i dont know what the scripts need to be.

BTW 3CX, Linux doesnt run Batch files.... If you promote failover on linux, then provide the script.

so come to think of it, if this was "tested" by R&D and confirmed working on the Debian 3CX, then they should have working Linux Scripts. So why not provide them as examples? if they dont have example script, this would lead me to think that this failover was never tested on the Debian 3CX base system.

You would use nsupdate to update the a record if using windows dns servers. It would have to be non-secure dynmaic updates but it should work just fine.

--Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.