• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Fanvil - drops leading zero on transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreviouslyAsterisk

Free User
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Strange one here. I have Fanvil X6 and X3S handsets - both of which are officially supported in 3CX. I do not see this problem on the X3S.

Calls received by the X6 correctly show numbers, except if the call is transferred to it, or is received by a queue.

When called directly, the full number shows, i.e. 07771xxx020. But if the call is transferred to it, or the call is received via a queue, the number shows as 7771xxx020. The leading zero is always dropped.

Looking at the logs in Dashboard > Activity Log > Log > Instance > CDRLogs cdr.log - I notice that the number is correctly formatted as 07771xxx020 and all numbers are formatted in a similar fashion (i.e. 07771 rather than +447771).

3CX version : 15.5.0
Fanvil X6 - running firmware v1.2.5 (upgraded through the 3CX admin panel)
Fanvil X3S - running firmware 2.3.2.4673

Any ideas?

This packet trace is after the first phone has answered the call, and the call is being transferred to the other X6 handset.

The trace shows the full CLI is being preserved - so clearly the phone is dropping the leading zero itself, but odd that it's only on transferred / queue calls?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 9
Since the log shows the whole number, and the correct number shows on a direct call, I'm wondering if it has something to do with a queue name being added, and this causing the number to be "pushed aside" to the point that the first digit is cut off. Display size issue?

Very strange.. I'll get Fanvil guys on this for you. In my hands.

Test and wonder no more - it is a confirmed issue and we might have a fix from Fanvil that resolves this.

We have a firmware - we will check and it works, I can send it to you for your evaluation also. Thnks for reporting.

Reactions: craigreilly
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.