• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Fanvil H3 boot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Axvig

Reaction score
We have some H3 phones, and got one working with the firmware that 3CX has available for download. It appears to work well and do everything we need for our hotel rooms.

Then we tried to set up another one. After updating the firmware it seems to go into a boot loop, with both lights blinking for a little while, then solid for ~5 seconds, and then off for ~10 seconds before it loops back around to blinking for a little while.

This happened with three phones in a row.

If I ping the phone constantly it often gets in a few pings before the phone reboots, and we have gotten the HTTP management page to load sometimes. Also I can get a dial tone, and dialing #*111 reads out the IP address. But then it dies shortly after that. It seems like it reboots sooner if something is being done to it like the pinging, or when I hang up after hearing a dial tone. Not 100% sure on that though.

One oddity is that the DHCP lease that it gets seems to have an expiration date of the time that it got the lease (basically no lifespan on the lease). Our DHCP server (two Windows Server 2012 R2 VMs with DHCP replication) defaults to a couple days for the length, so not sure what is going on there.

Any ideas what is going on?

Hello @Aaron Axvig

Are you trying to update the firmware of the phones manually or through the management console?
Also what is the version you are trying to upgrade to? We haven't had any reports with firmware issues for these phones so any additional information you can provide will be useful.

We were trying to update them via the phones HTTP management page.

We are trying up upgrade to the firmware linked here for the Fanvil H3.

We received instructions from Fanvil that holding # while plugging the phone in will put it in a mode where we can connect to the phone via Telnet at 192.168.10.1. This worked and I was able to clear the configuration using the Telnet UI.

I recovered all three phones this way. Two of them had taken the 2.0.2.2842 update and one hadn't. I was able to update that one successfully using the HTTP management page. Notably I happened to use a 2.4.0.5457 firmware that Fanvil had also provided, and Firefox that time. I don't know for sure if either of those were a factor in being able to update successfully but figured it was worth mentioning.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.