Fanvil hotel phone experience -- good/bad?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Aaron Axvig, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron Axvig

Anyone have some general impressions of these phones, such as the Fanvil H3? It seems like the best IP phone for our new lodging property. We've been running 48-port GrandStreams with dirt cheap analog phones for a few years now at our other properties and pretty happy with them.

I was also considering vTech but they are not officially supported by 3CX and our MSP really does not want to go that route. Now the vTech guy is trash-talking Fanvil saying to go anywhere but them..."they are new to hospitality phones and there are lots of bugs."

Thoughts?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

VTech are very good as far as hotel phones are concerned but we use the Analogue phones only via Patton or Grandstream FXS channel banks which negates the need for a "supported " phone.

Despite the fact that from experience i question the quality of Fanvil phones in general - if this is for SIP endpoints you are better off going for a supported model.

3. Aaron Axvig

Yeah we have 8 of the 48-port GrandStream FXS units in place with Cetis/Aegis phones. But with this new construction I am trying to go modern, and the price works out pretty close as PoE ports are cheaper than FXS ports and I don't have to deal with copper pair wiring.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

In all honesty you are doing the right thing, although it can be a challenge (And a lot of disruption) to recable a hotel with CAT 5 (And even more a challenge to convince the hotel to do this). It is inevitable going forward.

It is good however that Grandstream offer such a cost effective channel bank for those who don' want to move, I like the Patton channel banks also but Grandstream are a third of the price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.