Fanvil phone feedback requested

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cobaltit, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

We are always testing out 3CX recommended phones so I'm looking for feedback on the new Fanvil phones, particularly from other partners. We've tried the X3 and X5 and the build quality was not on par with the Yealink, but I do love the LCD BLFs and the ability to do a LCD screen grab from the web UI. I have their new phones coming in (X3S/X4S/X5S/X6) to see how they measure up to the Yealink phones. Looking to see what others experience with these out in the field have been, as well as any concerns or gotchas during deployment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. V..

V..

We have encountered one issue with Fanvil devices when using RPS, if you have option 66 enabled on your network this will override the settings obtained from RPS and the device will attempt to provision from the server specified in the DHCP option. Unfortunately accross the range the handset's do not physically feel premium compared to other vendors however from a cost\performance standpoint they blow the competition out of the water.

In our market for the same price as a mono two line yealink or snom you can have 2 colour Fanvil X3s units or a higher end multi line Fanvil X5s.

Aside from the conflict with RPS and option 66 we have had no issues with these handsets and have become our standard option for all future deployments.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jem1

We are using an X4G and X5G here and not using our X3G currently (no need for it right now). They were really buggy to start out with firmware wise, like dropping SIP registration, but the firmware is really shaping up on them. I believe the X6 is technically still on pre-1.0 firmware and we don't have one here at the moment. I've been looking for a cost effective replacement for GS that is supported, it's amazing how many customers love BLF keys, and low end Yealinks just don't have them. Sold a bunch of T32's but flipped to GS as they were a reasonable price point, but with the firmware headaches of GS we went looking again and I think Fanvil matches the bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.