Fanvil phone not response a call the other side is busy

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brisingr, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brisingr

Hi is there any one who can help me solve this very appreciate.
    I use fanvil x5 desk phone to make an external call if the person is busy the fanvil phone will keep ringing without any statement.
    I capture from the fanvil phone only saw 3cx tell 180 ringing
    Then when I use 3cx app to call that person again I can hear the statement of that call is busy please try later.
    I capture from 3cx system and also there is a 183 session.
    I am wonder if there is a setting in 3cx or fanvil phone I can change to let me hear the statement?

Thanks a lot.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The missing component is what is used to make an external call - SIP, analog, PRI, etc,

The 3CX system only takes the info or data stream that it receives and relays that to the phone. Therefore, it is important to know what 3CX received from the source. We also need to know which country as not all telephone providers may handle the calls the same way.

There should be no difference in how the softphone or Fanvil responds to a call provided that the message or stream from the source was the same.

Consider that in the US, for example, many folks have call-waiting. As a result, one can dial a number and while that number is indeed busy on another call, it will still ring pending the callee's decision to answer or reject.

3. brisingr

Thank you for your imformation.

The enternal call make through SIP.

But the data capture from fanvil phone I didn't see any 183 session progress which means the phone still pretending the call is ringing, right?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Do the capture from 3CX, not the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.