Fanvil Phone Provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Eliq91, Jan 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eliq91

When making changes to the "Configure default ringtone" the ringtone does not update on any of the Fanvil phones we have. Any suggestions or others experiencing similar issues?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Eliq91

Can you please specify the models of the phones you are using so we can try and replicate? also what PBX version are you running and how are the phones provisioned?
    Are the phones local to the PBX or remote? Are you using the default templates and the latest supported firmware? Have you tried re-provisioning the phones to apply the changes?
    Note that setting changes the default ringtone of the phone. If the call originates from a Queue or it is external etc then the Distinctive ring tone for that scenario will be heard and that can only be changed through a custom template. Try performing an extension to extension call to see if the ringtone changes.

3. Eliq91

We are using 3cx 15.5 sp2 and we have Fanvil x4s and Fanvil x3 and Fanvil x5. Phones are provisioned in office and are on the latest firmware provided by 3cx using default templates. I am reprovisioning after a change to the phone settings and no noticeable change to the ringtones occur. I had used a custom template before. However, we had other issues that we were not able to get support for until after the custom template was removed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I just tested this on a local X5 and it does switch ringtones when re-provisioned. What i noticed though is that the phone reboots twice before the changes are applied. If you try and call right away after the phone restarts the first tome then you will not notice a change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.