Fanvil Phones Not Showing in Phones Page

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mwamba, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mwamba

I have installed a pro version for 3CX Version 15.5.3849.1. I have some Fanvil phones the X3SP and X5S. I've installed the PBX successfully and plugged in the phones onto the network. The phones are receiving IPs via DHCP successfully and I can enter the web interface for the phones. However when I go to the phones page I cannot see the phones.The X3SP firmware version is 2.0.3.3059. The X5S firmware version is R.0.5.2. The switches are the cisco catalyst 3750. I have tried everything including restarting the PBX and the phones but no success. My network is 172.16.0.0 /16. I am using windows server for DHCP. Anyone had a similar problem?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Mwamba

Have you tried factory resetting the phones as phones will only broadcast if they are in a factory reset state. Are you using SIP port 5060?
    Also check the following guide and if any of the steps there resolves your issue
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/plug-and-play-ip-phone/

3. Mwamba

I tried resetting the phones but it did not work. What worked was setting the SIP Plug and Play (PnP)>Server Address setting in the phones page to the IP of the PBX, the default IP seems to have a problem. Thanks for your assistance.

4. dan_tx

I’ve had issues with this as well and the only fix was moving to a newer firmware. Unfortunately that means you’ll be on one that shows up as unsupported in 3cx. This is with X6 phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.