Solved Fanvil X3S Loses password on reboots

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by FGCUHank, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FGCUHank

FGCUHank New Member

I have a Fanvil X3S that I was able to provision successfully with Direct SIP (STUN - remote) provisioning method.

However every time I power cycle the phone it does not register. The line status reports a 404 or a timeout. If I go back into the phone web interface and replace the password with the password in the authentication section of the General tab on the extension the phone registers immediately. Reboot the phone and I have to start all over.

I did download the lastes 3CX firmware file x3s2.04.3496.z and applied it before starting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. FGCUHank

FGCUHank New Member

Just a ping on this to see if there are any suggestions. I can duplicate this on every power cycle.

3. manfer

I'm just testing a Fanvil X3S and I'm almost sure it already came with a newer firmware from factory. Besides I have updated the firmware to the latest one available in fanvil website which is version r2.3.1.4325 dated 2017-10-23.

And though in the phones section of 3CX web administration console it lists the phone in red with a label that says Not Supported r2.3.1.4325_0c383e1a5362 under firmware column, I can provision it without any problem and it does not lose registration on reboot.

I have it provisioned with SBC not with STUN so I can't say it will work the same.

4. FGCUHank

FGCUHank New Member

Posting back that the recent firmware 2.3.1.4361 has resolved the issue with the password getting lost on a power cycle/reboot

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thank you for updating the thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.