Solved fanvil x3s timeout

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ionut, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ionut

Hello,

I am facing the timeout problem with Fanvil x3s, I installed 3cx pro with 15 fanvil x3s hardphones, 2 days ago. Every morning I find 2 random phones with sip register failed and I must reboot that phones..I updated the firmwares of phones via 3CX console. I dont understand, if I put newsest firmware from Fanvil it will work or not? in 3CX console appear not supported but the phone updated and provisioned; I did 3 phones remotely, I hope tomorrow they will work. Do you have some experience with this kind o problem?

Attached Files:

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ionut

Are the phones provisioned as remote extensions or local? The firmware provided by the management console is the firmware we have tested for the PBX version you are running. If you put a newer version it will probably work but it will not be supported or tested by us and the management console will display these phones as not supported.

3. ionut

I have only local extensions. I use custom template to sincronize with my ntp loco server, cause I am not unable to sincronize time via default 3cx provisioning. This morning I reseted the phones to factory and reprovisioned (2.0.4.3496) and I upgraded 3 phones with latest fw from Fanvil - R2.2.0.3685. Until now, the agents didnt complain, just observed the new backround image :). I will observe after work/next morning if the situation repeats.

Thank you

4. ionut

I upgraded all hardphones to firmware R2.2.0.3685 from Fanvil website and now all its OK, the phones are able to reconnect automatically.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the phones are ok now. Please keep an eye on the issue and let us know if something changes

6. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@ionut

You don't need a custom template to sync to your local NTP server. Just go to Settings/Parameter and change the value of TIME_NTP_SERVER.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.